Tuesday, January 3, 2012

50 years.

2012 will not only mark the end of the world (those darn Mayans), but it also marks 50 years since Marilyn Monroe passed away. The golden anniversary for the golden haired goddess that she was.
And thus i have a few things i wish to share with the gallery - i hope you don't mind.

Yes, i have done a few Marilyn posts before.
Some might yawn, some might rejoice.
And so, I feel i should explain my actions.

See, to me, she was an enigma.
She embodied everything that was powerful in a woman on the outside, yet in reality she was unstable and fragile.
She was beautiful, yet tragic.
And this is what draws me to her time and time again.

I find that this is also why i am conscious to many starlets from all eras that tend to convey a similar disposition - I find them psychologically intriguing, and in a strange way artistically profound.
The dirt underneath perfections facade.

Is this also how society see's people like Marilyn Monroe? Is that why still, 50 years on, we are so obsessed with her and her image?

I found a very interesting artical online written by Lena Corner of The Independant, UK.
I emplore you to read it here - she raises some very valid points.

How do you, dear Galerians, view her? Still relavent, or grossly over-rated?

Comments welcome, though i must warn the haters, it wont stop me from further postings so you've been advised. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment