Saturday, February 18, 2012

Picassoed

Since the Art Gallery of NSW has brought some of Picasso's masterpieces from the Musee National Picasso Paris to Sydney, i thought now is as good a time as any to upload my own little piece of abstraction.



I'm hoping this exhibition will enhance my appreciation of the genre.

I find that Picasso's work, in a nutshell, to be very much revolutionary, and lets face it the world would be a different place without many forms of abstract art.
However, in saying that, i do not find it my favourite artistic platform.

For Picasso being a firm staple as one of the most influential artist of the 20th Century, i feel somewhat guilty saying such things. (Popular society tends to do that). But alas, I am not an art critic and have never claimed to be. I am in no position to be making judgement calls and outlandish statements that some might misconstrue as what i am saying as being a 'hater'. A hater i am not, but we all have our favourites, and this style - albeit with all due respect - is just not one of them.

I do hope this exhibition whets my appetite to embrace it more than i do presently.

Would be interested to hear from any Galerians to share their P.O.V's to help me on this journey - as you all know i relish to be educated with a difference perspective.

Love L.V.

2 comments:

  1. I find your own personal rendition of abstraction quite dark ...sadness. That is the first emotion that is conjured.

    Perhaps you are more abstract than you like to admit...perhaps you should experiment more to find this out. Perhaps there is a little Picasso (or even a Pollock) inside, pounding on the doors and windows of your predisposition...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like this picture!

    ReplyDelete